Department accidents can cause severe injuries and financial burdens. If you were injured in one, you will need to retain the services of one of our skilled Buffalo slip & fall attorney. Our legal team is committed to ensuring you obtain the compensation you need to heal and move forward.
How do department accidents occur in New York?
There are a number of ways that department accidents can occur in New York, however, the most common reasons typically relate back to the negligence of department store employees or management. Some of the most common examples of this type of negligence that our firm has seen include the following:
- Inadequately lit parking lots
- Merchandise falling from shelves
- Spills left unattended
- Broken glass
- Defective elevators or escalators
- Poorly placed floor mats
What should I do following a department store accident?
If you were injured in a department store accident and would like to pursue legal action, it is critical to understand the proper steps to follow right after your injury. Be sure to take the following measures after your accident to best protect yourself and your future. These actions will also set you up for a successful personal injury claim if you decide to file a premises liability claim:
- Notify the store owner aware of the accident so that they can file an incident report.
- Call 911. The police should arrive on the scene to file a police report. Also, be sure to request medical personal if you are in need of medical attention.
- Seek medical treatment for your injuries immediately. Once you have been treated, ask the doctor for any medical documents relevant to the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Take photos and videos of the conditions that caused your accident. Also, be sure to take pictures of your injuries.
- Gather any witnesses’ contact information.
- Contact our experienced Buffalo, New York personal injury attorney. They will be able to gather any relevant evidence necessary for your case including security footage of the accident.
What is the statute of limitations for department store accidents in New York?
In most situations, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in New York is three years, giving the person who was injured three years from the date of their accident to pursue legal action. Reach out to our firm today to ensure you are meeting your claim’s deadlines.
Contact Our Experienced New York Firm
If you require legal representation for matters of personal injury in New York, look no further than Ramos & Ramos. Whether you were injured in an auto accident, a slip and fall, or under any other circumstances, our firm is on your side. To learn more about our team and how we can assist you, contact us today.