Car accidents can occur just about anywhere on New York roads. But more often than not, they occur at intersections, due to the influx of activity that occurs in these areas. If you were injured in an intersection collision accident and require financial compensation to heal, follow along to discover how a proficient Buffalo car accident lawyer of Ramos & Ramos can work on your behalf in filing a personal injury claim.
What are the common causes of intersection collision accidents in New York state?
Common injuries that result from an intersection collision accident include brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, or serious fractures in the lower body. With that, the common cause of these accidents is driver negligence, and examples read as follows:
- The driver did not practice reasonable surveillance at the intersection.
- The driver assumed that the other driver at the intersection was yielding, turning, etc.
- The driver miscalculated the other driver’s speed, a gap to proceed through, etc., at the intersection.
- The driver texted, navigated a GPS, etc., at the intersection.
- The driver sped, ignored a traffic signal, made an illegal maneuver, etc., at the intersection.
- The driver turned at an intersection regardless of an obstructed view.
It is important to note that, on rare occasions, neither driver can be to blame in an intersection collision accident. An example of an external factor that can contribute to this accident is a faulty traffic control device.
How do I recover compensation after my intersection collision accident?
If you were injured due to a head-on or side-impact intersection collision, you must bring your case forward so that you can recover the financial compensation that you rightfully deserve. For your personal injury claim, you must satisfy the burden of proof so that the New York court can determine that the other driver’s negligence was a direct contributor to your injuries. Nevertheless, take the following steps immediately after your intersection collision accident:
- Call the authorities so that a police report can be conducted and medical attention can be called to the scene.
- Take photos and videos so that your injuries, damages, and contributing hazards can be documented.
- Exchange contact information with the other driver.
- Exchange contact information with present witnesses so that testimonies can be shared.
- Seek medical attention at the scene and follow-up appointments so that your medical conditions can be documented.
- Employ a talented Buffalo auto accident lawyer before the statute of limitations of three years from the date of your accident.
Contact Our Experienced New York Firm
If you require legal representation for matters of personal injury in New York, contact Ramos & Ramos. Whether you were injured in an auto accident, a slip and fall, or under any other circumstances, we’re here to help.